Snow is probably the last thing on your mind right now, but it is important to be ready when the weather gets cold. Here at RTD we are happy to help make winter easier on you, but there are things you can be doing now to save you stress!
Here are a few tips from RTD to keep your home in good shape, even during the worst of winter storms.
1. Check your gutters! Make sure your gutters are clean and functioning correctly before the winter. When gutters backup and overflow, the water from your roof can leak into your home. Clean gutters can save your basement from water infiltration this winter.
2. Check your home's heating and ventilation systems during the summer. This seems obvious, but it would be wise to have an HVAC contractor check the conditions of your heating systems before the winter hits. It might be worth looking into an annual maintenance agreement for a better price and to guarantee your heat will work every winter!
3. Clean your chimney! Having your chimney clean now will make sure your fireplace is safe to use when the temperatures drop. It is also important to have your chimney inspected to fix any possible issues before the winter. Stock up on firewood now to have a nice time later warming up next to the fire.
4. Have a shovel handy and salt/sand/deicer. RTD is happy to help shovel and remove snow and ice, but it is nice to have a shovel on hand. Check your local store for a shovel before they are sold out in the winter!
5. Have a winter wardrobe. Gained weight, lost weight, or have children who grew over the summer? Now is the time to make a list of what clothes you need this winter. Stay warm this winter!
We would love to help make winter easier on you and your family this winter! If you live in Roseville, Falcon Heights, and Lauderdale, MN (55113), RTD Snow Plowing has you covered for snow blowing, plowing, and shoveling!